Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Unable to backup files to SD card or USB...
Unable to backup files to SD card or USB drive.

1350 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2022-01-07 06:40:22

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2020-09-15 05:15:43
    Before applying updates, Autel recommends backing up the data.
    So I wanted to backup my MS908BT to a Micro SD card or a USB Flash Drive.
    However when I try to do that, I get the following error:
    "Your system forbids ES from writing on external SD card(check https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=67570), so ES can only write on it after rooted."

I tried to go to the webpage listed, but I got and error that it was not found or couldn't be translated.

How do I backup my files to an SD card or USB drive?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-09-15 13:35:20 (Reply to:)

From the Android Homepage with the Maxi sys App closed try an unused brand new Sandisk 32gb USB flash drive.(I didn't have any luck trying a used formatted USB thumb drive of another brand) In ES Explorer copy and paste Scan Folder to USB Flash drive. Make sure your  tablet is plugged into it's charger  with a good charge on it's battery to start with.
    Make sure you allow several hours for the process. I used the USB SS port of my MaxiSys Elite with a USB3 thumbdrive and it still took a couple hours or more. Due to these tablets not having an internal cooling fans I actually wrapped a large plastic  Block of Blue Ice with a thick dry plush breathable cotton towel around it and layed my Maxi Sys on it hoping to keep things running cooler inside.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Juan Tamayo

2021-12-08 03:39:15

I am having the same issue with my maxiIm im608 I haven’t been able to back up my data I keep receiving the same error does anyone know how to work around this issue 

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    xx

2022-01-07 06:40:22 (Reply to:Juan Tamayo)

I had the same problem until I formatted the SD card to fat32 then it worked perfectly
    so give that a shot
  Total1 Pages